Welcome to the Manchester Museum. The staff are here to ensure you enjoy your visit to the collection and exhibition galleries.
Parking: Higher Chatham St ( UoM Car Park D - Over the Christmas period this will be closing from 9pm on the 23 December until 6amam on the 2 January 2020) Monday-Friday, 6am-midnight: £3 for 3 hours. £5 for 3 – 6 hours. £2 after 4pm until midnight
Saturday and Sunday, 6am-midnight: £2 all day
Visitors with limited mobility can park on Bridgeford Street (limited spaces)
Over the Christmas period please call 0161 275 2648 ahead of your visit and we'll help to make arrangements.
There is step free access to our temporary entrance off Oxford Road.
During your Visit
- A lift (to the left as you enter our reception space) is available and provides step-free access to all floors.
- Wheelchairs are available upon request.
- Adequate seating is located throughout, portable stools are also available.
- Guide, Hearing and Support dogs are welcome.
- Accessible toilet facilities are located throughout.
- Large print is available in our temporary exhibitions.
The nearest Changing Places facilities are located at Manchester Aquatics Centre and Manchester Royal Infirmary.
Further information is available about other Changing Places facilities in Manchester
Visitor Team welcome and training
We want you to feel at home with us and our Visitor Team is happy to assist you at any point during your visit. We are trained in many areas of access including
- Dementia Friends
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Autism Awareness
- LGBTQ Awareness
- Refugee Awareness
- Manchester Public Transport
As part of The University of Manchester we comply with the University’s Equality and Diversity Policy and Manchester 2020: The Strategic Plan for The University of Manchester
If you require any additional support please call us on 07798862530