The museum is now closed for redevelopment until February 2023.
This is so work can take place safely on the final stage of construction. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2023 when we emerge as a bigger, more inclusive and more wondrous museum.
Please sign up to one of our e-newsletters for schools and educators below to keep up to date with news, updates and opportunities:
And don't forget that you can still access a wealth of resources for learners and educators via our MMFromHome.com site:
- Egyptology LIVE - in Egyptology LIVE, Curator Dr Campbell Price explores iconic objects from the collection, shares resources and answers questions submitted by the public.
- Young, Rich & Famous - activities exploring the stories and significance of life, death and immortality in Egypt.
- Dinosaurs A to Z - a fortnightly dose of dinosaurs facts and fun with Dr Victoria Egerton, Research Fellow at The University of Manchester and Extraordinary Scientist in Residence at the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis.
- Dino Activities - dinosaur activities for fans of Stan.
- Jurassic Beasts Live - Curator of Earth Sciences, David Gelsthorpe, and Curator of Natural History at The Box, Plymouth, Jan Freedman, show how spectacular fossils paint an amazingly detailed picture of the rich Jurassic life that lived in the tropical seas in Britain.
- Ice Age Animals Live - Curator of Earth Sciences, David Gelsthorpe, and Curator of Natural History at The Box, Plymouth, Jan Freedman, show how Ice Age animals can give us detailed pictures of climate change and exotic animals that roamed Britain.