Volunteers are at the heart of the Museum and play an invaluable role in supporting the work we do. Our fantastic team of over 100 volunteers share their knowledge and enthusiasm with visitors and contribute key skills across the whole of the Museum. We offer a range of opportunities to get up close to objects, support the care and conservation of our collections and connect programmes to diverse audiences.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and aim to provide rewarding and enriching experiences for all. We offer flexible commitment and our roles are valued across the organisation.
There are many benefits to volunteering with us, as a volunteer you can:
- Learn about the Museum, our collections and world cultures
- Gain new skills
- Make friends and meet people from around the world
- Share your passion and enthusiasm
- Be part of a friendly team
- Access exclusive events and training for volunteers
- Become part of a collaborative and inclusive community committed to inspiring change
I have found nothing but joy and happiness since coming to the Manchester Museum. My participation in all aspects of the museum have given me a new confidence and I feel it has made me a better person – Margaret, Volunteer