On Gallery Resources
We hope that the resources listed below will help you to structure your self-led visit.
Please note: booking is essential for all visits. This helps us ensure that you can see and do everything you need to when you come to us. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you book well in advance. Unbooked groups may not be able to access all of the galleries.
Early Years and KS1 Resources
Our Explorer Sacks provide stories, poems, looking tools, toys and puppets to help you explore the animals and dinosaurs in Manchester Museum with younger children. Please book in advance to reserve them for your group.
- Dinosaurs: I am not a dinosaur! | Rot or Not? | Comparing Creatures
- Maths in the Museum 1: Measuring in the Museum
- Maths in the Museum 2: Its about time
- Gallery Games: short activity ideas for use in any gallery
- Structures in the Museum: a design challenge using the whole museum
- Vivarium - Adaptations
- Nature's Library Gallery Selective Breeding
- Nature's Library Gallery Classification
- Fossils Gallery Timeline
- Living Worlds Tour
- Living Worlds Exploration
- Fossil Gallery - Past, Present and Future
For a selection of quick and fun activities for students on our galleries, try our self-led enrichment activity suggestions.
Art Cards allow students to produce large amounts of observational drawings direct from the Museum collection on gallery. They work directly with core GCSE requirements and skills and resources are fun, accessible and quick-paced.