Respect for Ancient British Human Remains Conference
A conference organised by The Manchester Museum (University of Manchester) and Honouring the Ancient Dead, supported by the Museums Association .
This conference was held at Manchester Museum on 17th November 2006.
- Conference Programme (PDF 32Kb)
- "Persons, Things and Archaeology: Contrasting World-views of Minds, Bodies (44Kb) - Piotr Bienkowski, University of Manchester
- "Human Remains: The Acknowledgment of Sanctity" (PDF 35Kb) - Emma Restall Orr, Honouring the Ancient Dead
- "Bog Bodies: Representing the Dead" (PDF 63Kb) - Melanie Giles, University of Manchester
- "Museums and Human Remains" (PDF 36Kb) - Sarah Levitt and Laura Hadland, Leicester City Museums
- Respectful Treatment and Reburial: A Practical Guide (PDF 68Kb) - Emma Restall Orr, Honouring the Ancient Dead, and Piotr Bienkowski, University of Manchester